Monday, September 28, 2009

Outdoor Sink / Work Station

This outdoor sink / workstation may not look like much (cuz I made it myself....) but it has been wonderful for keeping the canning / preserving part of gardening from totally trashing our kitchen. Having a countertop, an old sink, and the composter right there together, my first batch of pickled beets was just a completely different experience. No sand in the kitchen sink etc. It makes a great potting station also because I can just sweep leftover soil off the counter.
Those rubbery, flexible buckets were a great find. I can wedge the little one under the drainspout of the sink to catch the runoff water for my flowers. I bought them at the garden expo in Madison, WI last year. I bought 3, one in each size.

No comments:

Post a Comment